- Summary: History Hides Away More Than One Truth... SOULCALIBUR VI represents the latest entry in the premier weapons-based, head-to-head fighting series and continues the epic struggle of warriors searching for the legendary Soul Swords. Taking place in the 16th century, revisit the events of theHistory Hides Away More Than One Truth... SOULCALIBUR VI represents the latest entry in the premier weapons-based, head-to-head fighting series and continues the epic struggle of warriors searching for the legendary Soul Swords. Taking place in the 16th century, revisit the events of the original SOULCALIBUR to uncover hidden truths. [Bandai Namco]… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
5 Minutes Of SoulCalibur VI VS. Gameplay With Mitsurugi, Seong Mi-Na, Siegfried, And Sophitia | TGS 2018
Oct 29, 2018Overall Bandai Namco did a fantastic job resurrecting the Soulcalibur franchise with the 6th version. Finally something other then Tekken or Mortal Kombat on PC. SoulCalibur VI is a fantastic addition to the series that's made it the best it's been in years. It's also great that Bandai Namco finally brought Soulcalibur to PC after all these years. Be warned though, some people have been having too much fun with the male genitalia on the crazily in-depth character creator...
Oct 24, 2018Despite the shortcomings of the story modes, overall Soul Calibur is exactly what you want out of a fighting game. Solid mechanics, fluid motion, a unique and varied cast of characters, and even a decent character creator thrown on top of everything. If you're into fighting games solely for single player, you may find yourself wanting more out of what you get here. But, if you're in it for online fighting you'd be hard pressed to find a more rewarding experience than trying to best each opponent that comes your way and a more humbling one when you are defeated.
Oct 18, 2018SoulCalibur VI certainly has plenty of issues, like a lack of extra modes, a few visuals blemishes, the somewhat unimpressive Reverse Edge move, and the usual greedy attitude towards DLC. Nevertheless, it's also a highly entertaining, high-octane fighter that can be enjoyed by greenhorns and veterans alike, as well as being a more than decent revival of the franchise.
Oct 22, 2018Soulcalibur VI expands the fighting experience with a brief history lesson surrounding the events of the game. While this does take some time to get used to, it offers some great context while introducing a new method to unlock items. There's a noticeable increase in the game's combat, but offers a familiar experience all-around.
Nov 26, 2018No stuttering, no frame drops, no crashes: SOULCALIBUR VI is rather polished. The story modes are intriguing, and Libra of Soul is likely to hold your interest through its entirety. Perhaps even beyond that, especially if you enjoy RPG elements added to a fighting game. A release to check out, for sure.
Oct 29, 2018Really fun game to play, one of the best SC ever made, at least for me, some stuff might be still missing, but it's okay, it's a fighting gameReally fun game to play, one of the best SC ever made, at least for me, some stuff might be still missing, but it's okay, it's a fighting game and it's really good at that you know what you are buying.… Expand
Oct 24, 2018Loads of single player content:
* Soul Chronicle: the main story and additionally a number of story chapters per character (all charactersLoads of single player content:
* Soul Chronicle: the main story and additionally a number of story chapters per character (all characters have a story).
* Libra of Soul: a very long RPG-like story with numerous sidequests, unlockable stories, money to earn and spend, levels to gain and weapons to master and craft.
* Arcade mode: fight against the CPU on a difficulty of your choice.
* Museum: learn the massive lore and world history behind all the story content and the characters themselves. Also art and cut-scenes and music.
Good network rank play (PC), also a casual mode with rooms.
Character creation is a massively fun mode, and you can fight others online with your customized fighters!
Really fun combat, intuitive mechanics, it's just a LOT of fun.
Ringouts provide 3D tactics which is also very welcome.
Really recommended!… Expand
Oct 22, 2018Pros:
+ Keeps what is good from earlier SC instead of breaking something that worked very well
+ Amazing Graphics + Great Soundtrack +Pros:
+ Keeps what is good from earlier SC instead of breaking something that worked very well
+ Amazing Graphics
+ Great Soundtrack
+ Core cast isn't cut
+ Robust number of characters on launch
+ It isn't SCV
+ Character creation is robust - lost of people making cool crossover characters with it
+ Very fun ranked play
+ Core gameplay is the best
+ Cinematic moves added and lots of great particle effects
- No chat or voicechat in casual lobbies
- Laggy connections sound can jitter on PC
- Had to wait 8 years+ for this game after SCV wasn't good itself so been even longer than that
It's good they didn't change more. Change for the sake of change is why we got SCV. You change too much and you change the game's identity and what people like about it. This has super meters, soul charge and reversal edge as well as changing move sets some and balancing the game around all of that vs older SC. Changes I can live with because the core gameplay is there, and is awesome as it ever was and maybe even a little better, with a new skin, new levels, new story.
People rating games low because not enough changed in their opinion are totally missing the point of making a new installment. The new Dragon Quest for example got some low reviews from some people for reasons like that, but it's one of the most successful RPGs of all time, and bigger in Japan than even FF games. And their core fighting has NEVER changed since the first one. Ya'll are wack. Sometimes a formula works very well, and for new iterations only minor tweaks would make it better.… Expand
Nov 16, 2018impossible to create character with the keyboard. keys in menus aren't rebindable, only (thank god for that) keys for fighting... weirdimpossible to create character with the keyboard. keys in menus aren't rebindable, only (thank god for that) keys for fighting... weird choice. when will you japanese developers learn how to program a user interface for PC users too? I wanted to create my character and I can't due to controls, this is unacceptable.
other than that is a good game.… Expand
Oct 26, 2018I stopped playing Soul Calibur series after the 3rd installment. Hard to say what's stuff overdone already.
-It's so flashy, like a lotI stopped playing Soul Calibur series after the 3rd installment. Hard to say what's stuff overdone already.
-It's so flashy, like a lot of visual effects from powers and specials.
- Sophitia look so nice.(have to repeat I din't play this series for quite a while).
- A company comes over common sense and include arcade mode from the begining. Finally.
- Besides Sophitia, other classic characters are back.
- Sophitia Super special is brilliant, not mean to pun.lol
- Beating some opponent with Taki in Soul Charge shows a cool efect in her body. Really awesome.
- Geralt Of Rivia is the boss in arcade. Nice to see Geralt.
- Seems like an interesting battle system.
-Counter super powers with animations as well like the specials.
And very sadly , sigh, the CONS:
- Outdated graphics with very compresed textures. Game's weight is like 11 GB.
- Unsettling/bizarre situations detroying some male oponents clothes. Mainly mosters.
-Groh, generic, doesn't look like is from this game, boring, seem forced into the series.
-For those into customization , items scarce and very obvious aproach of future DLC and aditional content.So expect expensive fines ahead for a deeper experience. Wait for a more complete edition somewhere in the future.
- Only one type of suit with only 2 colors for each character.
- Small repertoire of characters.
-Double amount of male characters than female ones, felts like misogyny.
- History seems boring.
-After so many years, not even close to the SC 1 and 2 masterpieces yet.
- There's a learning curve about the playing system.
- No endurance, it seems.
- Not all super specials are all that impresive.
- One character never appears at all in arcade. Gro always appear in the same stage like 4, taking into account how few characters are in this game it's plain absurd and Geralt is always in the final stage in arcade.
At first glance this game is worthy. These characters doing super specials and so is nice looking at.Add a nice character and seems like take my money already. If you're familiar with some previous games , getting along into the battle system could lead to a better gameplay experience and not just smashing buttons.
Analizing the CONS: Sadly the game shows more flaws than quality doing a further inspection. The graphics are outdated. Was very unfortunate to look at Ivy's body closer. (T_T) Model texture seems old and cheesy.On the forest stage is very evident. Very compresed textures. On other case is Tira's animation after winning. Looking at his hands.This is a no no. Looks like these japanese companies are focusing more in the mobile market, Nintendo's portables and for cheap laptops as well to be supported. So it gives the impresion that these games are more for those systems, for casuals. Thumbs down.
Now thing are getting worse. Taking about the bizarre situation...You can destroy dressing pieces of your oponents. It can get pretty bizarre, depending of your opponent. Battle a girl is a complete differente history. From ok to dissapointing. There's not much to destroy unfortunately, besides how few female characters are in the game. Battle a male and completely destroy their clothes and it begins to get odd for some point degree, then battle a stupid monster and WHAT THE...??? Well it's confusing enough destroying the clothing of some males until they are in loin cloth like Mitsurugi. Besides the poor character design. In fact he depiction only in loincloth and his body texture design is pretty clumsy to say something.
There´s only one female that can get in almost only underwear, after clothes destroyed. I think, is Seong Mina like in a so so bikini suit. After that is pretty lame what you can see for the rest of female characters, like Sophitia. You can only destroy partially, just some of her strings. Looks like her skirt isn't destroyable at all. And very midly for the rest. Evidently this team is not really interested in depicting women in whatever situation. About the frigging monsters and some males, is quite the opposite of the females, you can destroy very much of these. It's as charming as imaging Herman Munster in underwear. What is worst is that some of these stupid monsters/males wearing a codpiece that is a more vulgar version of a loincloth , pretty antique, obscure, bad taste and no longer in use. If you are skeptic, check out the character drawings. It´s not quite evident but here it is.
Pretty gross. Crazy as *! What the heck is going on with this all stupid companies wanting to be DOA, Senran Kagura but doing everything wrong , crazy and cheesy ?????? I mean, really??? Definitively I'm playing this game with nobody locally , less online. So at final conclusion, I don't recommend it.… Expand
- (0 views)