|By date||Most helpful reviews||By my score||By metascore||By user score|
Average User Score: 6.6Jul 11, 2018The Good:
Mike Colter is Luke Cage. What a great casting choice and what a talented actor! Iron Fist: Wow, he was great. Did I justThe Good:
Mike Colter is Luke Cage. What a great casting choice and what a talented actor!
Iron Fist: Wow, he was great. Did I just write that? I DID!
Overall Acting: All of the characters were well played, with special attention going to (besides Colter) Rosario Dawson and Alfre Woodard.
The Power: Power Man was properly portrayed with superior physical abilities. He wasn't hurt the entire series like so many other Netflix Marvel series.
Luke's Dad: It was so nice to see a family member not have some sort of ulterior motive. Luke's relationship with his father was powerful, interesting, and reletable.
Too Damn Slow. Too many one-on-one sit downs. Mariah was a great chracter who reminding me SO much of Hilalry Clinton, but she had so much screen time that even the talented Alfre Woodard couldn't make her stick. Shades was with her too much as well, with the cougar theme running thin pretty quickly.
Everyone Dies: If you are a secondary character in a Marvel series you might as well blow your own head off because you will be dead as soon as you are made interesting.
Misty's Arm: Talk about lame special effects. Once Misty receives her bionic arm she walks around like it's just a regular arm. No mechanical noises, strength boost or "Wow!" moments associated with her superpower. Glad she got help with her handicap, but come on, she's supposed to be super powered with that thing!
The Ending: I didn't buy the ultimate decision Luke makes. It didn't fit his character. I was disappointed.
Bushmaster: Great actor, but his backstory just didn't connect with me. It was too simple and too generic. I don't know why this character has gotten such high praise. I think he was wasted by lazy writing.
All in all I'm starting to think of watching marvel series as work rather than entertainment. The only one I loved was Daredevil Season 1. All the other series have considerable flaws and it's wearing me down.… Expand
Average User Score: 6.0Mar 19, 2017I've watched three episodes with my wife and we are eager for more.
Pros: 1) The story is a interesting mix of rich power elites' miseryI've watched three episodes with my wife and we are eager for more.
1) The story is a interesting mix of rich power elites' misery along with the homeless' struggles, mental illness sufferers, and small business stress.
2) Iron Fist is basically a baby in many respects. he doesn't know how the world he is in operates and makes mistakes a juvenile might. This is different from the owrld weary Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones who have been savaged by the world Raynd is now a part of.
3) Colleen Wing is a terrific sidekick, but is thrust into a more parental role than most. Her character shows stress of the real world like the rest of the Defenders, but she is kind enough to help Raynd. can't wait to see where this goes.
4) The brother/sister relationship between the Meachum children really shines. They love each other but are both of various degrees of ruthlessness. Ward looks like the most stressed and tired 30 year old billionaire the world has ever produced.
1) Some of the dialogue isn't well written. There is uncomfortable silence and cliche lines. This happens occasionally, but not often. Jone's is usually the victim and tries his best, but come on writers... make it a little snappier!
Three episodes this series is so far just as good as the other three.… Expand