|By date||Most helpful reviews||By my score||By metascore||By user score|
Average User Score: 8.7Sep 17, 2018This game is absolutely brutal. DID NOT expect this at all. The character animations, the details in the city, the combat mechanics make itThis game is absolutely brutal. DID NOT expect this at all. The character animations, the details in the city, the combat mechanics make it super addictive. Includes a bit of puzzle and parallel stories with secondary characters which gives a good variation.
The handling of spider-man is super fun when you get the hang of it and the combat is super thrilling as it gets harder. One of the best titles in PS4 IMO.… Expand
Average User Score: 4.9Jun 13, 2018Improved in some aspects, but worse in others.
Positive points: - Rider animation feels more real. Small details like the rider lookingImproved in some aspects, but worse in others.
- Rider animation feels more real. Small details like the rider looking back when exiting the pits for instance. In general it feels better than 2017.
- Handling is pretty cool, specially when you switch to pro and manual. Bike does controllable power wheelies, moves when you brake very hard and feels a lot cooler. Really nice.
- Although the performance is not great, the bikes and riders look better.
- Going back to 30fps is a HUGE HUGE HUGE dissapointment for me.
- Crashes look dull. They all look the same now. I actually prefered 2017 version. In my opinion this has also deteriorated in this verison.
- Some parts of the physics still feel unreal. For instance flying off the bike in a really exagerated manner. Touching the side of the track and lifing the bike up in a really weird way.
Its fun to play if you like racing games and specially motorcycle games BUT the worst downside for me is the performance on consoles. I could live with the other negative points but not with 30fps...… Expand
Average User Score: 6.1Sep 27, 2017Hell yeah! I'm so glad to come into this site and discover I'm certainly not alone with my feeling about this game! The game is damn awesome:Hell yeah! I'm so glad to come into this site and discover I'm certainly not alone with my feeling about this game! The game is damn awesome: sounds, graphics, cars ... but I do not have a wheel and the handling with the default controller is absolutely crazy-difficult with some cars. I really enjoy challenging handling in a racing game but this goes over the top.
And you know what? I know some hardcore users disagree with this but throw in the "rewind" feature that other games have and it would make a huuuuuge difference to play. Right now I'm quitting this game because it's destroying my nervous system.… Expand
Average User Score: 6.3Apr 6, 2017I'm a hardcore fan of racing games and a real life biker. I owned the previous game and I'v been playing this one for months now.
What II'm a hardcore fan of racing games and a real life biker. I owned the previous game and I'v been playing this one for months now.
What I like:
- First player mode mechanics are much more engaging, since now you have to earn medals to unblock other events in different categories.
- There is much more content for single player, Including special international events and championships. So there is a lot more incentive to play for many hours.
- Crashes look cool at last! They look realistic and really cool for the first time ever!
- Loading times have really improved.
- Bikes look cool (still not brilliant, could improve a lot for a ps4 game) and handling is brilliant.
- The rider animations and physics are the best in a bikes game so far. It's incredible how cool it feels. If you are morbike fan you will love it. I own one of the Ducatis you can pick in this game and I love it!
What I dont like:
- The AI is very annoying. This is the worse issue in this game for me. They smack into you constantly when arriving to tight corners and force you to replay over and over.
- In the main UI for the game, the small map indicator where you can preview corners, is pretty bad. It needs to be positioned somewhere else and it needs to be zoomed out cos I can never see the corners coming up. I have to end up memorizing the tracks.
- Some powerful bikes, like the panigale 1299, are extremely sensitive to wheelies. Even with antiwheelie to the max, its almost imposible to accelerate in 1st and 2nd gear. It's a bit too much and ends up being quite fustrating in my opinion.
- Customizing the bike is something really cool, but by now its got a bit dated, it would be cool if you had options to more expensive and efective performance pieces. I'm sure it would improve the core gamepay and improve incentives to complete races.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.9Dec 7, 2016I'm a hugeee fan of BF series, I've been playing BF4 up until the release of BF1. My review is based on a comparison between these two games.I'm a hugeee fan of BF series, I've been playing BF4 up until the release of BF1. My review is based on a comparison between these two games.
Graphics, sounds, atmosphere and the entire experience are BRILLIANT. The action is quite a lot slower but does not take away the intensity of the action by any means. Weapons feel really really cool, well balanced and the handling works as expected.
For me the are a couple of important issues with this game though. performance on this PS4 version when playing large battles is poor, quite poor actually. The other issues for me is that I miss all the extra add-ons for the weapons that make the multiplayer a lot richer. Seems to be a bit of lack of content in my opinion. Battlepacks feel quite lame to me, I don't see the point in unlocking visuals although I do quite like the new medals system.
All in all an EXCELENT game!!… Expand
Average User Score: 8.3Sep 10, 2016While this little gem is heavily inspired by the game Limbo, by no means that means it lacks originality and excellence. Although Limbo is aWhile this little gem is heavily inspired by the game Limbo, by no means that means it lacks originality and excellence. Although Limbo is a unique and brilliant game, this piece of art has taken that and gone a step forward.
At first, I was a bit hesitant, since even the beginning of the game resembles Limbo so much, I could only fear for a huge dissapointment. But this game is absolutely brilliant.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.9Apr 12, 2016I have exactly the same opinion as another user that reviewed this game here. This game is absolutely brilliant in some aspects but I WILL NOTI have exactly the same opinion as another user that reviewed this game here. This game is absolutely brilliant in some aspects but I WILL NOT CONTINUE PLAYING! I'd love to give this game a 10 but I just cant.
Why? The difficulty in this game is ridiculous, seriously, I'm not a casual gamer, I've been playing racing games since gameboy and master system until this generation and this is the hardest racing game I've played in the last 25 years.
My review is not based on a few quick matches, I've put several hours into each category and it's just too damn hard.
The Rally category might seem more or less ok at first if you are use to playing racing games, if you concentrate and you are good you can be within the top 3 and the end of each event. But once you enter the next level of the championship, if you choose the wrong car ( and I did ), I had to play each event of a race at least 25 times and even then I only managed 7th place. Yes the handling is really challenging and in some aspects is really satisfying when you get it right BUT it's so damn hard to keep the car on the road. Sometimes it's impossible to keep the danm car in a straight line! Now that is TOO MUCH. It becomes fustrating, so so soooo fustrating that even I'd love to continue playing I just can't.
The Rally-Cross category, has a really cool handling, not as extreme as the Rally category, but the AI difficulty is so hight that I will make you repeat the same races dozens of times to be 1st. It's too much for me considering that each event has 4 qualifying events, a semifinal race and a final race. The car you have will automatically be upgraded as you race, I'm not convinced at all by this new game design, I want to upgrade my car myself.
- Although it's not amazing graphics-wise it still looks pretty impressive
- Sounds really cool
- Handling in Rally Cross is really cool and fun… Expand
Average User Score: 7.0Mar 16, 2016Wow I'm surprised people are actually happy with the graphics in this game? This is what you call good graphics ? Seriously? They are a HUGEWow I'm surprised people are actually happy with the graphics in this game? This is what you call good graphics ? Seriously? They are a HUGE dissapointment IMO. The level of details in the models (birds, dogs, dudes on the streeet, cars and even the explosions and smoke effects) are mediocre at their best. To me it looks like a PS3 game, seriously.
Graphics aside, the mechanics of the game are really adictive, like destiny. It's really fun to play coop, and the level of difficulty is well balanced. The map is huge and at first the seems like there is loads of content. The shooting is fun, although the enemies seem a bit like bullet sponges and stupid at first.
After playing for several days I feel like it's missing something. It got pretty repetitive sooner than I thought. I need more variety to keep me hooked, I got the same feeling I got with destiny now.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.8Jan 12, 2016I'm giving this game an 8 because of how much fun it is, which in my opinion overcomes its flaws, which are quite a few. Another user definedI'm giving this game an 8 because of how much fun it is, which in my opinion overcomes its flaws, which are quite a few. Another user defined it as "rough around the edges", I agree with that statement for some aspects of the game.
I've played for two weeks now, it's extremely fun and addicting and with loads of stuff to do. I love the RPG upgrade mechanics of the game and how it all works. Everything feels satisfying and rewarding in this game, and extremely fun.
+ Really fun upgrade system
+ Extremey cool scenarios and landscape design
+ Driving and combat is really fun
+ Loads of stuff to do
+ The camps are all different, and feel really cool to explore (not repetitive at all in my opinion)
- Dodgy graphics / textures in some points of the game
- Really bad performance issues with framerate drops that last quite a while
- Handling of the character feels a bit rough sometimes, could be better (for instance jumping, dropping off edges ...)… Expand
Average User Score: 4.8Jan 7, 2016I haven't played COD for a while now, I'm not a fanboy of anything, and I'm no hater. This game could've been a lot better IMO but it doesn'tI haven't played COD for a while now, I'm not a fanboy of anything, and I'm no hater. This game could've been a lot better IMO but it doesn't deserve any of those stupid low scores.
Campaign is good but not great, with an overly complex and confusing story, nothing really new, nice graphics, nice performance and of course the greatest thing for me is that it's coop. I expected a lot more of intense action though and less story telling. Fun overall but could be a lot better.
Multiplayer is solid, It's fast paced and handles as expected. Although I feel like the Light Machine Guns are useless, because they are so slow to aim with and since in this multiplayer most of the time tis about how fast you can aim when coming face to face with an enemy. However I really prefer other games when it comes to multiplayer, there are no vehicles and most of the combat is in small levels and close encounters.
+Having coop campaign is the reason I got this game
+Nice graphics and performance
-I found SEVERAL BUGS in the campaign, really bad ones
-Lacks intense action in campaign + too much useless story telling
-Gets boring quick… Expand