- Summary: Welcome to Hope County, Montana. This idyllic location is home to a community of freedom-loving people - and a fanatical doomsday cult known by many as The Project at Eden's Gate. Led by the charismatic prophet Joseph Seed and his devoted siblings, Eden's Gate has been surreptitiouslyWelcome to Hope County, Montana. This idyllic location is home to a community of freedom-loving people - and a fanatical doomsday cult known by many as The Project at Eden's Gate. Led by the charismatic prophet Joseph Seed and his devoted siblings, Eden's Gate has been surreptitiously infiltrating all aspects of daily life. When your arrival incites the cult to violently assume control of the region, you have to rise up ans spark the fires of resistance to liberate the besieged community. Freely explore Hope Couny's rivers, lands and skies with the largest customisable weapon and vehicle roster ever in a Far Cry game. You are the hero of the story in a world that hits back with every strike, and where the places you discover and the locals you team up with will shape your story in ways you will never anticipate. [Ubisoft]… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
20 Minutes Of Air Assault With Far Cry 5's Choppers - Gameplay
Mar 26, 2018Far Cry 5 is a relentlessly fun, aggressively varied open world shooter that will keep you hooked for dozens and dozens of hours. The game's world has never felt more alive, brimming with animal ecosystems, serene lakes, and verdant forests, with spectacular scenery just begging to be screenshotted.
Mar 26, 2018It takes the Far Cry blueprint and expands the highlights while changing the sliders on aspects that became overused to craft not only the best Far Cry game, but one of the best open worlds to explore this generation, whether alone or with a little help from a friend (or AI dog).
Mar 29, 2018The biggest take away from Far Cry 5 was the fact that it was just pure fun. The missions were both fun and entertaining, the visuals are fantastic, and the shooting is refined and on point. Fans of the series have more than likely already picked this up, but if you remotely enjoy first person shooters, this is a must own. It’s not perfect, but it tries its best to be and you know what? It got close.
Apr 5, 2018There are a lot of things I could Knick pick about this game. The AI could be better, some of the storylines could be deeper, etc...but all inThere are a lot of things I could Knick pick about this game. The AI could be better, some of the storylines could be deeper, etc...but all in all this is my favorite campaign based game I have ever played. While some folks did not like the ending, I loved it. This game broke a lot of rules for what I thought a video game should/could be. It did the best job I have ever seen balancing game play with a robust story that felt more like a movie at times. Sure, I could knock it down a few points here and there, but all in all I enjoyed every moment of playing it and hope other video game creators take note to some of the cinematic and story elements that I enjoyed so much.… Expand
May 22, 2018lindo no xbox one X, com uma historia divertida e seria ao mesmo tempo cheio de personagens carismaticos sendo humanos ou nao como no caso dolindo no xbox one X, com uma historia divertida e seria ao mesmo tempo cheio de personagens carismaticos sendo humanos ou nao como no caso do boomer e do xburguer....porem as missoes secundaria sao um tanto que repetitivas mas as qualidade ultrapassam as criticas....… Expand
Apr 5, 2018It's another FarCry, same old **** different setting. Main villain is ok, supporting ones are meh, most of the NPC are boring as hell,It's another FarCry, same old **** different setting. Main villain is ok, supporting ones are meh, most of the NPC are boring as hell, especially those who you have to save to freedom the region. Only the Sheriff isn't so bad. Most companions are useless except animals and Ray as pilot, others are easy to kill or act super stupid you'll be reviving them most of the time. Story is ok, the ending is cool, like I really liked that one, but the way (fight) that you have to do with Main villain is just so damn cringe worth. I hated the motivation of the seed family members, they so inhumanly bad wrote. I hated also that they did call me rookie after massacring like hundreds of cultist xD.
Few small problems, that I didn't like also where small numbers of guns, you could be stuck with same gun from start to finish. Optic on sniper rifle are bad I mean in FC3 I could snipe some bad guys from 700m xD
What is good in this game? There is tons of stuff to do, animal companions, and pilot ray. if you don't like some content u just can skip IT, you still will progress through story. Some quests are cool, and fun to do. Graphics are good, and music is good as well, you have the filling of being somewhat the hero.
Final grade: Game is just ok, and fun if you like far cry series, nothing much. It's good to kill time to wait for something else bigger better. I paid for it less then 50$ so I would say for this price is worth it.… Expand
Apr 15, 2018This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Far Cry 5 is a lot of fun with varied game play and a lot to do. However, it loses points due to repetitive, tedious cut scenes and lackluster antagonists.
Fun open world with lots to do.
Vehicles are pretty good with auto-pilot or NPCs if you don't feel like driving yourself.
The not so good;
Beautiful graphics but it's... Montana. It's a wonderfully rendered version of a not-very-compelling place with boring wildlife.
Villains are lackluster
Each area gets repetitive in that once you reach a certain point you are captured, have to watch a cut-scene, escape, wash rinse repeat. By the second cut-scene this gets pretty tedious and there is a lot of this.
Weapons lack variety especially considering the setting
Random events are very hard to locate without Boomer (this has been a common flaw in all Far Cry games since 3)
Perks allow you to have 2 NPCs but the game wasn't really designed for that. For example if you get into a vehicle, one of the NPCs may get in with you but the other will run along outside.
To sum up, i'd recommend buying Far Cry 5 on sale.… Expand
Jul 31, 2018First off - hats off to making a game with a political statement. The craziness that pervades in the USA now is pretty well captured in thisFirst off - hats off to making a game with a political statement. The craziness that pervades in the USA now is pretty well captured in this game. Its pretty scary actually.
The bad - the game feels disjointed, the story line doesn't really push you along like it did in Far Cry 4. Sure the free exploration is awesome but if you're just wandering aimlessly i'd rather do that in the real world.
The game is buggy - NPCs teleport, 1 minute they are by your side, the next 100yds down the road. You'll liberate an outpost, be jogging out of town to your next destination and start getting shot by bad guys who just came out of town! WTH! There are many sudden deaths - getting stuck on terrain, bad enemy AI - one moment they are super alert, the next very dumb.
The set dogfight scene was just terrible. Taking an outpost is now - get big sniper rifle, blast away from long range till just all NPCs dead, sneak in and stealth kill remainder. If they can't see you they just wander till you finish them - Far Cry 4 outposts were much more challenging. The loot system is pretty ordinary - i've not changed my main weapon since i got it at the start of the game. There is little progression here. Hunting is also pointless - see an animal, blast it to heck with your machine gun for a small vendor hit. In Far Cry 4 you at least hunted animals and got a bonus for a clean kill. Here they are just a waste of time unless pop right in front of you. Fishing is the same really, depends on you mood i guess if you want to do it.
While not perfect, I do like the change to guns for hire - though it would be nice if there was a bit more depth to your sidekicks
And last, there are way too many hillbillies in this game (another sad reflection) - it could be worse, it could be set in Australia with bogans everywhere. I loved Far Cry 4 - so I had high hopes for FC5.… Expand
Feb 16, 2019This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is easily the most bland and least fun Far Cry game ever made. It is a complete disaster.
1. The story and side quests are almost all really boring, but even worse are the boss battles. They are extremely repetitive and you can't take your companions with you for any of them... which is when you really want to take them. On top of that, the final boss battle is possibly the most pathetic final battle I have ever played. It is so bad that it is embarrassing, and the ending that I got was one of the most dissatisfying endings I've ever seen. Total failure on the part of Ubisoft.
2. Getting captured and having to escape has become a total cliche in these kinds of games, and I was hoping that they would finally get rid of that nonsense for this game. It's been done to death, and it's just EXTREMELY lazy writing at this point. But in this game you get captured over and over again (like 10 times). It is beyond stupid. Getting captured once or twice in a game like this is MORE than enough. After that, I can no longer take the game seriously. What on earth were they thinking?
3. Much like in GR Wildlands, there is just too much stuff happening all over the place ALL THE TIME. This completely kills the sense of being immersed in a remote wilderness. Far Cry 3 did the best job when it came to immersion, as you could sneak through the jungle and really feel like there wasn't a soul around. This made those surprise animal encounters or enemy patrols even more exciting. But since then, Ubisoft has gone overboard with this stuff, and has programmed way too much activity everywhere you go. You can barely even loot bodies on the road without another enemy vehicle rolling up, and then another, and then another.... Wildlands had this problem too, and it was one of the biggest complaints that people had about it. For some unknown reason they did the same thing with Far Cry 5. It really sucks.
4. The weapon selection is extremely limited - shockingly so - and there is no weapon screen for me to check my weapons/attachments/etc. It doesn't even tell you how many rounds are in your clip. Somebody at Ubisoft just phoned it in and forgot to add this stuff.
5. There is no mini map, so you are constantly having to stop and check the main map. Again, somebody at Ubisoft forgot to add this useful feature.
6. Weapons switching is broken. Like in previous Far cry games, you are supposed to be able to switch back and forth between two weapons using the Y button, but in this game as soon as you travel it resets them, and so it constantly pulls out the wrong weapon when you press Y. This is very irritating.
7. They kept saying that John was dead even before I started his main mission to go kill him.
8. There are way too many drug effects throughout the game.... like it is the central theme. It's cheesy and annoying. Sometimes you just pass out for no known reason and end up someplace else. It's just one dumb thing after another with this game.
Overall, Far Cry 5 is a MASSIVE disappointment, one of the biggest of all-time. It is nowhere near as fun as Far Cry 3 or 4, and it isn't even as good as Wildlands. I am officially done buying anything from Ubisoft. This game is truly terrible, and everyone I know is already bored with it.… Expand
- (0 views)