- Summary: Experience what the creators promise to be the most complete racing ever with RIDE 3. Race on different tracks all over the world, put your favourite vehicles' speed to the test and have fun by customising them with the new Livery Editor.
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
RIDE 3 - Announcement Trailer
Dec 17, 2018RIDE 3 is an extremely versatile racing game, with lots of motorcycles and tracks, bundled in an expansive career mode that's actually fun to play. You'll be playing this one for a long time to come, though unfortunately you'll be spending a lot of time staring at the game's loading screens too.
Playstation Official Magazine UKJan 27, 2019Fundamentally a solid and detailed racing sim. [Issue#158, p.86]
Nov 28, 2018RIDE 3 will be loved by fans of motorcycle sims, but likely won’t be the game to invite new audiences to the genre. The sheer number of unlockables is impressive and the extensive campaign mode is sure to give fans a lot to sink their, er, wheels into. However, some slightly sloppy visuals and the difficult to pick up gameplay will keep it reserved for that niche audience.
Dec 6, 2018Seriously?
Just to give a little background. I have been riding motorcycles since the mid-80's. I currently ride a Ducati Monster. ISeriously?
Just to give a little background. I have been riding motorcycles since the mid-80's. I currently ride a Ducati Monster. I watch & have watched all forms of motorcycle racing including MotoGP religiously since before it was called 'MotoGP'. I have purchased just about every game ever made on the subject since the days of the Sega Master System and Nintendo. I say all of this to let you know that I am not some kid picking up this game as 'just another racing game'. Here are a few points I would like to highlight:
1. If you don't ride motorcycles or at least have an interest in them, this is not the game for you.
2. Anyone rating this game below an 8? See point #1.
3. While not perfect, this is the best motorcycle based game ever made. Add in more bikes from the 60s-80s and you would actually be getting closer to a perfect score.
4. The physics of the game are outstanding and the best yet.
5. Graphics are not on par with Forza, but they are nevertheless fantastic...again, best yet for a motorcycle game.
6. Customizations are very good...but I personally would like to be able to put a Yosh on a Honda...a Muzzy on a Kawi...etc.
All in all, this game is fantastic if you have a love for two wheels. Is it really a 10? No...that's just to counter the morons who would give this game anything below an 8.… Expand
Dec 9, 2018Pros: Improved Graphics and Physics
Cons: No 2018 models or enough 2017 AI still needs some fine tuning I've beenPros: Improved Graphics and Physics
Cons: No 2018 models or enough 2017
AI still needs some fine tuning
I've been playing Milestone games for a few years now and although this developer has had a rough few years, I'm pleased to say that it's off on the right foot. With the success of Ride 2 there was much anticipation for this entry and it was worth the wait. Ride 3 is a great step in the ride direction for Milestone. With the step up from their in-house engine to Unreal, this game has seen a boost in both graphics and physics. As of right now, the game features a total of 230 bikes, though many of them are a repeat from previous installments. One of my biggest pet-peeve is that there aren't any 2018 models and very few 2017's. I love Ducati and I'm pleased with the beefy roster but when it comes to MV Agusta, which I also love, the choices are lackluster and a copy and paste of Ride 1, with a couple new additions.
The rider customization has been vamped up as well. Though the facial animation remains somewhat awkward and at times scary. There's a vast option of helmets, leathers, gloves etc. I would like to see a helmet editor in the next series. They did add bike editor and it is pretty sweet.
Ride 3 has all the potential to be the best bike simulator as there are no other competitors. I hope Milestone makes it become the Forza or Gran Turismo of bikes as there is so much potential in this game!… Expand
Jan 9, 2019Ride 3 is an improvement but could have been so much better. It is the best motorcycle game in terms of size and types of bikes.
MyRide 3 is an improvement but could have been so much better. It is the best motorcycle game in terms of size and types of bikes.
My background is riding over 10years, amateur road racing for 6 years, and watching all forms of motorbike racing since 1992. I have also been playing motorbike racing games since Super Hang On (look it up, Millennials!) I have almost all of them since 2000, so I know what I am saying. This game has improved... slowly since Ride 1. While I applaud Milestone for the new additions and features, all whats in Ride 3 could have been easily put in Ride 1 &2 (with the exception of the Unreal Engine). The DLC has gotten out of hand in all of the gaming world, so thats why Milestone couldnt help themselves and do it on this title. The newer bikes will be here...eventually. I would just like to see the DLC have new tracks and new gear or part manufacturers. The physics could be tweaked a bit, as for most of the bikes they have heavy understeer to start. WHY? The bikes react mostly how a real bike would. The tracks are a definite improvement over the last couple games. I know Milestone is a small company, but they should look to Polyphony Digital, Turn 10, even fellow Kunos Simulazioni of the Assetto Corsa fame as a way to improve their games. As for customization, they should have also included the option to color your windscreen, as mine is neon green. They also should have allowed us to color the handgrips, , helmets, individual fairing parts, and PLACE decals on the windscreen, as well!! While not on par with Gran Turismo or Project Cars, it is still the best video game option for TwoWheel Nutjobs, like myself. Hands Down.… Expand
Feb 6, 2019Big Pros: Improved overall graphics and faster. No more stuttered graphic like Ride 2. Unreal Engine is the best. Added a Livery Editor is aBig Pros: Improved overall graphics and faster. No more stuttered graphic like Ride 2. Unreal Engine is the best. Added a Livery Editor is a plus.
1. No qualifying, and you start in 8th place every race unlike Ride 2 having the options to buy 1st position spot. This makes no sense whatsoever. It makes it very difficult to get a clean race in and make it to first without trying to cut corners to get to first place.
2. AI is non-existent and annoying as hell. They will ram into you and make you crash over and over. I have never seen an AI crash while racing either. AI is on rails and you hit them and you'll crash, they hit you and you still crash but 90% of the time they won't crash.
3. No qualifying or practice sessions in order to understands the tracks.
4. Bikes have a lot of bugs (missing exhaust, engine parts sticking out of the bike, etc)
5. Supermoto don't wheelie when you are getting on the power. It's damn hard to win the Supermoto race. Good luck trying to pass the Supermoto school.
6. On screen map is just useless, no way of knowing when the next corner is coming up.
7. Ideal trajectory is not ideal at all when you can't even see the lines.
8. My favorite Macau track is night only race. Hate the night racing.
Ride 1 and Ride 2 are better than this. Hope the devs fixed it.… Expand
Nov 30, 2018Pros: 1. good graphics and sound
Cons: 1. no test drive before races so hopefully you know the track by heart because the map is useless,Pros: 1. good graphics and sound
Cons: 1. no test drive before races so hopefully you know the track by heart because the map is useless, 2. you cant even see upcoming corners on the map until you're way past the point of breaking going 80mph into a hairpin that you didn't know was there because the map is so stupidly zoomed in, and you cant adjust the map size, 3. the trajectory arrows that were extremely efficient in ride 2 are now barely visible and hard to read, 4. the way the rider leans and scoots his butt around on the bike is much less realistic than ride 2, he rides like the characters in gta v ride 5. there is less customization than ride 2 when it comes to choosing how your rider leans and rides 6. when you're reversing he leans the bike like hes taking a corner and one foot pushes back off of the air instead of the ground, in real life you dont lean a motorcycle when reversing, you just turn the front wheel and back up… Expand