Set 50 years after the climactic events of the original Red Faction, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. Red Faction: GuerrillaSet 50 years after the climactic events of the original Red Faction, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. Red Faction: Guerrilla still defines the limits of destruction-based game-play with a huge open-world, fast-paced guerrilla-style combat, and true physics-based destruction.
* Open World Guerrilla Warfare - You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets. Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF's grip on Mars.
* Strategic Destruction - Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls.
* Evolving & Emergent Gameplay - Carve your path through an ever-changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics - mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.
* Epic Sci-Fi Setting - Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire.
* Multiplayer Combat - There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.
> Fully reworked graphics Heavily reworked textures and graphic features adding for example specular maps.
> Improved shadow rendering
> Improved Lighting
> Shader & Postprocessing rework
> Native 4k support for the finest up to date mars destruction experience ever… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Red Faction Guerrilla - Re-Mars-Tered Trailer
Jul 14, 2018Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered presents a great opportunity for those who have already played it and those who haven't. For the former, it's a chance to experience its explosive, imperfect glory in a higher framerate and with better visuals. For the latter, it's a chance to play one of the cult classics of last generation at its peak.
Aug 5, 2018There's quite a lot that I like about Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered and some parts, not so much. Particularly, the loading times, the predictable story, and how the later regions aren't much different to the beginning of the game. However, it's still a very fun destruction-based campaign that offers a great variety of missions to take on within its large open world.
Jul 4, 2018Red Faction: Guerrilla is a good game, but it hasn't aged very well. Its open-world structure is only a glimpse of what the genre would become in later years. Its saving grave is to be found in the destruction mechanic, that it's still very up to date and enjoyable.
Jul 20, 2018True cult classic brought back into the limelight. A fun game if you've never played or are looking for something different. I have found aTrue cult classic brought back into the limelight. A fun game if you've never played or are looking for something different. I have found a couple glitches and experienced a few game crashes that I didn't from the original but it's worth it. Love this game… Expand
Jul 23, 2018It pains me to write this review cuz I am such a big fan of this game, but to remaster it and not fix some of the problems that were in theIt pains me to write this review cuz I am such a big fan of this game, but to remaster it and not fix some of the problems that were in the original is very frustrating. some of the same glitches on multiplayer are still in this game,the crappy matchmaking is still in this game with no server browser. This game has froze on me multiple times on the PlayStation 4. I guess I had my expectations too high for this game. It is not an improvement but just a reskin. if you haven't played the original I highly suggest this game just for the fun on single player but if you have played it before in are expecting a Improvement on other areas not including graphics, you might be disappointed.… Expand
Aug 3, 2018I thought this was going to be a chance to play a fairly bland but entertaining game again. I didn't care for multiplayer, and as you can see,I thought this was going to be a chance to play a fairly bland but entertaining game again. I didn't care for multiplayer, and as you can see, my expectations were fairly low going in.
About 5 hours in, after my second crash, the only savefile you can have was corrupted and deleted.
I in turn deleted the game.
So... wait for a patch, which may never come. And don't go in hoping for multiplayer. If they fixed the crashes and the fact that there's a chance they completely destroy your progress along with them, the game would be a 7 - 8. Typical sandbox extravaganza with pretty fun destruction physics, smashing through buildings with Mjolnir.… Expand