- Summary: X4: FOUNDATIONS, the long awaited sequel in the successful X series, brings our most sophisticated universe SIMULATION ever. Fly every ship, EXPLORE space or manage an empire; TRADE, FIGHT, BUILD and THINK carefully, while you embark on an epic journey.
Dec 18, 2018If you dream of a single-player Star Citizen, or loved games like Freelancer, then this space sandbox will be a breath of fresh air in a much too sparsely populated genre. However, even though X4 is more accessible than X1–X3, it’s not a casual game. You have to work to figure out the mechanics behind Foundations, and if you put in the time, you’ll be rewarded with an experience that can last 100 hours or more.
|This publication does not provide a score for their reviews.|
|This publication has not posted a final review score yet.|
|These unscored reviews do not factor into the Metascore calculation.|
Dec 15, 2018X-universe back on track - finally! (including bugs and all - there is still some cleaning up to do, so you might wait a few months to pickX-universe back on track - finally! (including bugs and all - there is still some cleaning up to do, so you might wait a few months to pick this title up - but well worth the money!)… Expand
Dec 1, 2018Well, I played for 2 days straight - If You love space sims its a must. Learning curve is quite high , but Its thinking mans game anyway. DontWell, I played for 2 days straight - If You love space sims its a must. Learning curve is quite high , but Its thinking mans game anyway. Dont listen to those 0/10's, they still wait for Star Citizen prolly..… Expand
Dec 4, 2018TL;DR : the reports about bugs are just propaganda by Elite Dangerous fan boys or by those that refuse to learn the game. X games are aTL;DR : the reports about bugs are just propaganda by Elite Dangerous fan boys or by those that refuse to learn the game. X games are a simulation and as such require you to be intelligent.
X4:F is best thought of as X:Rebirth v2. It has the features that made the classic X-series great like able to pilot multiple ships; fleets; fleet commands; wingman; gates; auto pilots; whilst also having some of the good features in X:R like a more modern look. Station scanning is still there but is no longer a requirement. Gone is the requirement that you have to dock and rely on the awkward FPS walking sim to do all trading. Once you dock you can do trading from your cockpit and later if you have a trading computer can do so from space and even tell your fleet to go pick it up.
The part I love the most is the map. It is fantastic. The ability to look for best buy-sell just by applying powerful filters and zooming out the map is very efficient, fast and a fresh take on doing trading.… Expand
Dec 8, 2018Is release egosoft... so is "beta" release.
Much bug, much thing not work, much content not avaible (manual,descriptionIs release egosoft... so is "beta" release.
Much bug, much thing not work, much content not avaible (manual,description weapon)
I hope in 2-3 months will a good game, and get good vote.
My vote for now is 6
First week after release:
Egosoft patch 4 times, game now is playable and much bug fixed.
Much content not avaible (manual,description weapon)
By 6 to 7… Expand
Dec 2, 2018Let the beta test begin. I bought a collector's edition in steam. I'm disappointed. This is better than Xrebirth, but it's a **** beta test,Let the beta test begin. I bought a collector's edition in steam. I'm disappointed. This is better than Xrebirth, but it's a **** beta test, though called a release.… Expand
Nov 30, 2018TL;DR: Don't bother and forget this game for a couple of years, because only after such a long time this crappy MESS of a game may probablyTL;DR: Don't bother and forget this game for a couple of years, because only after such a long time this crappy MESS of a game may probably become worthwile (same as with X Rebirth).
For those that want details why it's bad:
1) Optimization and performance are unacceptable. I run the game on overclocked Ryzen 1700X, overclocked GTX 1080 Ti, fast DDR4 RAM and from an M.2 SSD. FPS drops around busy hubs are MASSIVE - sometimes it drops to 20 FPS while the CPU and GPU aren't even loaded beyond 50% mark. Vsync is broken no matter what options I choose in the game or Nvidia control panel - I often become capped at 60 FPS while my display refresh rate is actually 100 Hz.
2) The game may crash if you're simply changing gfx settings or saving your progress! In a brief two hours of testing the game I've already encountered some bugs: when jumping through superhighway I got carried thousands of kilometers away from the exit point into empty space. Or I've seen AI ships, especially medium-sized like freighters, ramming stations without any damage and then slowly clipping through them. Or you can't load your savegames from menu after the game has crashed, you actually have to start a new game first and then your savegames show up. I'm pretty sure the game has much more bugs.
3) The anti-aliasing options in the game are inadequate. SSAA in 2019, seriously? The devs were high on pot? Nowadays something like TXAA + post-process AA options are an industry standard. The FXAA has terrible quality and SSAA/MSAA have unacceptable performance impact which worsenses the already bad performance of the game. As a result X4 looks like an ugly pixelated jagged edges mess on my 27'' 1440p display.
4) This game mechanics-wise is much closer to the stillborn X Rebirth rather than kosher/halal X3 series. Why spend so much time for developing all those station hangars, landing pads and decks which you can traverse on foot and interact with computer panels or randomized NPCs? It's still generic as hell, it's a waste of playtime, disk space, RAM and computing power that contributes to performance drops around those hangars. The X3 was amazing without this stupid attempt to be a Star Citizen jack of all trades game. A freaking station menu with animated backgrounds for hangar, bar, station administration and etc. like in Freelancer or Galaxy On Fire 2 would have been a much better solution from the standpoint of development time, performance and gameplay! We want a space game, not a "Space Hangar Simulator 2018" yet another crazy German sim. The highways and superhighways have returned and I also think they're a pretty questionable mechanic. The "mass traffic" around certain big stations is also back and says hello to lags and useless screen clutter. Speaking about screen clutter, the interface is on the same level of confusion as X Rebirth.
5) So far there is no campaign. Like at all. So it seems because we get no cutscenes establishing any plotline set-ups and missions. Pretty much like it was in X-Tension (the first X game I ever played). That makes matters even worse because campaign is needed for two things: to ground and immerse us into the universe through characters and their interactions (X2 - The Threat, X3 - Reunion and X Rebirth tried to do that with varying success); and to gradually guide players through core mechanics of the game by giving them corresponding tasks and teaching how to do them, preferably in the immersive fashion without breaking the fourth wall. Now let's remember that sometimes games tell us thrilling stories that touch our hearts and/or minds (I'm pretty sure that Helge T. Kautz who writes the X books and seems to have created most of the X lore could have written some amazing plot stuff for this game). But no, there's zero, nada, nothing of that here, just a pure messy sandbox you're being thrown into. Which logically brings us to the next problem.
6) Tutorials in this game are simple text messages. This is literally the most lazy and unconvenient way to make a tutorial for such a complex game.
So far I would give it a 3/10 but the score may improve after patching.… Expand
Dec 13, 2018this is a foocking early access title in disguise. i refunded this crap, maybe i'll buy it again when/if its done and cheaper. such a shame,this is a foocking early access title in disguise. i refunded this crap, maybe i'll buy it again when/if its done and cheaper. such a shame, except the graphics, everything else seems to be a downgrade from albion prelude and i chalenge you to play for one hour and find less than 10 bugs. If you can, i sugest you also REFUND this.
I remember when beta-testing was a job, i'm not paying to do that for them.… Expand